Contact Stash

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Empire - Where the World Begins



Empire is a band which does right from their debut album what few other bands would ever hope to achieve during their career - meeting the complex arrangements of a metal outfit and showcasing them drenched in an alternative form. 

To get this right I imagine it takes enourmous amount of skill and personally I know only one other band that can pull this out - Ra.

To do this the frontman must be deviously talented, which is where Empire really shines. The first song I've heard from this album was 'Future, Past & Present' and only one minute into it I had a weird vibe of early era Muse combined with Ra (mostly Ra - due to the delivery of the singer). From there on it's instant gratification and the rest of the album does not stop to disappoint. 

My only nitpick would be that it could have used a little bit of soloing here and there, but after hearing the second part of 'All The Rage' I realised that this album doesn't really need unnecesary guitar wankery, as the voice of the frontman will do all the solo work needed.

With that said, do yourself a favor and listen to this little offering called 'Where the World Begins'. It might not make you a fan right away, but there's good, passionate music to be heard here.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent beat ! I would like tto apprentice while you amend yoiur web
    site - ,
    , how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept

    ReplyDelete