Contact Stash

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Factor Eight - Dust (2016)


I found out about this ensemble in the weirdest way possible: one of the tracks was playing as background music to one of those 'challenge type' fitness videos people do and post their results online (for what purpose exactly I do not know, it's mostly over training but that's not the point here).

Anyway, as you can imagine, I was more curious about the music than anything else, and I was lucky enough to find the artist and song name somewhere in the comments section, which inevitably lead me to the bandcamp page. 

As I see it, Dust is a (mostly) electronic instrumental, adventure type album that would work great as a background for fantastical story lines as the ones we're used to read or watch as children. Sincerely, I do not know how to better describe the sound and do it more justice than how it is already viewed by the artist himself (as quoted in the below paragraph).

'Dust', my first album, is a transition. A step from one path to another. A continuation of a journey. A farewell. A welcoming. Moving through works created at different times, it embodies change. The final and most recent track, 'Lisa', completes the story of the album. 'Lisa' reflects where I am now both artistically and personally as honestly as possible. It speaks what this transition is. I invite you to experience a piece of this journey, 'Dust'. 

The only nitpick I have is that one of the piano lines from the last track 'Lisa' seems to have jumped in straight from Muse's 'The 2nd Law: Isolated System' - however that might just be a coincidence rather than a well executed plot device. 

To wrap this up, here's one of the songs, if you like it then follow the links below for more.







No comments:

Post a Comment